You work in veteran care or women’s health, in hospice or neuro. You’re weathering the stress of dealing with a Code Blue in the ICU, or traveling around the country administering vaccines. You’re an RN, LPN, or NP… and you’re proud to show us who you are, and what you’re passionate about.
This is why we absolutely love our nurse photo contest! We get to see you, know you, hear what you’re all about. Check out the photo above, for example! Daniela Cox sent it in, and explained: “The line of staff is our recipient line celebrating one of our patients making their way to get their heart transplant.” Isn’t that the most beautiful thing?
And we have kept our word! We said any entry we published anywhere was a winner, so whenever we posted a photo on our Facebook, Insta, Twitter or LinkedIn accounts, we reached out to the nurse who had submitted it and offered a $25 cash prize, sent through Zelle or Paypal.
Nicole Newkirk: “I’m a WHNP in Texas. My passion is helping women live their best life, providing high quality care and helping patients achieve, and maintain, healthy pregnancies! Loving this Women’s Health nursing life!”
Now we’d like to look back and bring some of those photos together here. Not just to celebrate the heartwarming diversity of the nursing profession, but also to say: we’re not about to stop!
Our inbox remains open (email@example.com), and our photo contest submission form is super short and easy. But we also want to switch it up a little, so from now on we’re going to be giving out $25 Amazon gift cards instead!
“Hey everybody! I’m Angel B, the STRESS FREE LMT, LPN and BSN student, and I work alongside some of the BEST nurses on the plant in Neuro!! Before becoming a Nurse I was a Massage Therapist for nurses — and I still am! I’ve combined Eastern and Western medicine practices to keep my coworkers aligned and maintain balance within my own life. Wooosahhhhh!”
So send in your own selfie in scrubs or a photo with your colleagues, and add a little something about yourself and your work — or a message to your fellow nurses. And forget about the filters, you don’t need those, that’s not what this contest is about.
We’re not looking for the prettiest or most handsome nurse, we’re looking for all of you, just the way you are! Nurses from all over. Men and women and anyone else, young and old, whatever your style or size or line of nursing work — masks or no masks, travel nurses and staff nurses.
We want to showcase amazing nurses like you, who work tirelessly in demanding jobs. To highlight your dedication and your generosity, your humor and your courage, your resolve and energy. And slowly, month by month, create a real panorama of what nurses look like today, across the nation! The more you can tell us about yourself, the better.
So we again congratulate all our $25 winners, and we are grateful to everyone who participated and shared a little peek into their nursing lives. Keep them coming, and we promise we will keep rewarding you!
Our photo contest: The small print
- There is no limit to the number of entries you can send.
- Going forward, until we present a new prize, any submission we publish will receive $25.
- All that’s needed to qualify is that it’s a photo of yourself (or with your colleagues) in your work scrubs, and that you add a little something about yourself.
- No entry fee is necessary to participate or win. The contest is void where prohibited by law, regulation, statute or other appropriate legal authority.
- To win, participants must have an active NurseRecruiter candidate profile and be U.S. residents. Employees, agents, contractors and owners of NurseRecruiter and their immediate relatives and household members are not eligible to enter or win.
- Contestants grant NurseRecruiter a worldwide, perpetual and non-exclusive royalty-free license to reproduce and publish each submitted story/comment and photo in any medium, including promotional material and advertisements.